Michael ‘Frank’ Francis, Senior Associate
Brooklyn Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Michael “Frank” Francis
Mr. Francis has practiced Workers’ Compensation since 2009. Although he started his career in defense work for the NYC Transit Authority, he has been advocating for injured workers since 2011. He graduated from Brooklyn Law School in 2009, graduate school at Johns Hopkins in 2006, and Georgetown University in 2004 where he studied abroad in Beijing to further his Mandarin skills. He is a former member of Teach For America where he taught underprivileged students in Baltimore, Md. He is actively involved in New York City bar associations and in 2014 was elected to serve as the Second Vice President and Secretary of the Board of LeGaL – the LGBT Bar Association of Metro New York City. He also lectures about Workers’ Compensation and gives Continuing Legal Education to attorneys regarding fierce advocacy of injured workers while defending against the insurance carriers who seek to strip workers of their legal rights.
Mr. Francis is the immediate past NY Regional President of the Hispanic National Bar Association. In 2020, he was elected to serve as the Vice President of Regions and Affiliates and proudly represents New York at national conferences, networking functions, panels, and legislative advocacy efforts in Washington, DC.
- Workers’ Compensation Litigation, Settlements, and Depositions
- Uninsured Employer Representation
- New York State Third Department, 2010
- Brooklyn Law School, 2009
- Johns Hopkins University, Masters in Education, 2006
- Georgetown University, 2004
- Hispanic National Bar Association – Vice President of Regions and Affiliates
- LeGal – Second Vice President and Secretary
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Teach For America Alumni Network