New York Attorneys Assist You When Your Medical Treatment Has Been Denied
We diligently fight for your work comp and disability benefits
Unfortunately for injured workers throughout New York, workers' compensation benefits are sometimes wrongfully denied. This can result from a bad faith denial or due to a lack of evidentiary support for your claim. It is not uncommon for insurance companies to hire investigators to observe the behavior of benefit recipients to determine if their injuries are consistent with their daily functions. Sometimes a simple phone call to the insurance company or Workers' Compensation Board can solve the problem, but more often it is necessary to enlist the services of an experienced workers' compensation law firm like Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone.
Our Brooklyn and Staten Island attorneys know what to expect from the WCB
If you are denied workers' compensation for an on-the-job injury it is important to remember that you may still be entitled to benefits. Our talented attorneys handle claims from initial filing through appeals if your claim is denied. We are prepared to assist you each step of the way:
- Board Panel Hearing – Your first step is to request a board panel hearing, which is a case review by a three-member panel of Workers'
- Compensation judges Full Board Review – If unsuccessful at the Board Panel Hearing, we will then request a full board review
- State Appellate Review – If the Board's decision is unfavorable, we will appeal to the Appellate Division, Third Department, Supreme Court of the State of New York
- Federal Court Review – If necessary, we will then appeal the State Appellate Division decision to the federal Court of Appeals
Our legal team is dedicated to serving working class and disabled persons
Filing a workers' compensation claim in New York can be frustrating due to complicated forms and gathering all the necessary paperwork to be submitted. Our attorneys are proficient at preparing claims and we know how to get around the typical excuses for denying your benefits. We are familiar with the common bases of denial such as:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Alleged status as an Independent Contractor
- Failure to timely notify your employer
- Injury is not work-related
- Injury is not severe enough to warrant receiving workers' compensation
We are prepared the take your case through each stage of the process in order to help you obtain the benefits you need.
Contact our experienced attorneys if your medical treatment has been denied
At Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone, PC we strive to protect the benefits of our clients and help them obtain the compensation they deserve. Our team of attorneys and talented legal staff serve working class citizens and disabled persons in Brooklyn, Staten Island and the surrounding areas. Come see us at our Brooklyn office Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 5 pm and on Friday from 9 am to 4:30 pm or set up an appointment at our Staten Island Office. Hablamos espanol.