Disability and Workplace Injury Lawyers in Staten Island and Brooklyn
Our lawyers are dedicated to helping workers and disabled persons obtain due compensation
At Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone, PC we understand that our jobs are our livelihood. They determine our lifestyles and allow us to support our families. Suffering an on-the-job injury can impact your ability to perform job functions and can sometimes impair your ability to work entirely. Fortunately, most employers in New York are required to carry workers' compensation insurance for work-related injuries and the Social Security Administration assists people out of work due to disability. Regardless of fault, it is crucial to have one of our highly skilled attorneys at SBSM, PC assist you with your claim from the outset if you have experienced an injury resulting from any of the following:
- Lifting heavy objects
- Automobile-related accidents from job travel
- Equipment-related accidents
- Slip and falls in the workplace
- Being struck by an object in the workplace
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Assault, violent acts by another in the workplace
- Any other injury resulting from your employment duties
We have extensive experience handling various work injury and disability cases
If you have been injured on the job, you have the right to receive payment for medical expenses and compensation for lost wages while unable to return to work. With workers' compensation claims, it does not matter who or what caused the accident: the important thing is whether or not it happened while you were working. Workers' compensation and disability benefits apply to injuries to all parts of the body, including hidden pains that are difficult to detect from outside appearance alone. Our law firm has over 40 years of experience handling claims for the following injuries and disabilities:
- Hand & Arm: These often involve repetitive motion injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Foot & Leg: Torn ligaments, sprains are often associated with these injuries.
- Neck & Back: These often involve spinal injuries, paralysis, herniated discs, and whiplash.
- Head: These can include skull fractures, brain damage, concussions.
- Occupational Illnesses: These are illnesses caused by your work environment.
Our compassionate attorneys and legal staff help you maximize your benefits
At Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone, PC we understand the impact injuries and disabilities can have on families. Our attorneys provide compassionate representation to clients with workers' compensation, Social Security Disability Insurance and long-term disability insurance claims. We have the resources and experience to help you recover the compensation and full benefits you are entitled to by law that are often improperly delayed, denied, limited and terminated. Our attorneys have an excellent understanding of complex New York workman's comp and disability laws and can assist you with every aspect of your claim including:
- Help and guidance gathering necessary evidence
- Ensuring all accident and injury-related documents are filed on time and all deadlines are met
- Negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you are fully covered
- Help finding a doctor for treatment
- Reviewing all incident reports, medical records and relevant documents to evaluate your case and build the strongest case for you
Contact our law offices today for help obtaining the compensation you deserve
Rehabilitating from an injury while fighting for your due workers' compensation is a difficult task and can take up a lot of time and energy. It is best to have a skilled professional at your side at times like this to provide knowledge and experience dealing with employers, their insurance companies and the Social Security Administration. If you are dealing with a work-related injury, contact our law offices in Brooklyn and Staten Island and get one of our talented attorneys at your side. We assist the Spanish-speaking community and work cases on a contingency fee basis, so give us a call today at (718) 625-2300.