Compassionate New York Workers' Compensation & Social Security Disability Attorneys
We help you get the compensation you deserve for on-the-job injuries and disabilities
For more than 40 years the New York Social Security Disability attorneys at Severance, Burko, Spalter, Masone & Laurette PC have dedicated themselves to helping injured workers and the disabled obtain the full and fair compensation they deserve from employers, insurance companies and federal agencies. Whether you live in Eastchester, East New York or Manhattan, our workers' compensation and disability lawyers can help. We have offices in Brooklyn and Staten Island to help serve all New York City area residents.
Our Brooklyn and Staten Island offices handle all aspects of Workers' Compensation and Social Security claims
Experiencing a work-related injury or disability is painful physically, emotionally and financially. Our New York attorneys help clients receive the full compensation they deserve so make the entire process as easy as possible. We focus our practice in the following areas:
- Workers' Compensation – New York employers are required to carry workers' compensation insurance to protect the employer if an employee sustains injury in the workplace or develops a disease caused by workplace conditions. Workers' comp is set up to pay your medical bills and cover your lost wages if you cannot work but payment from your employer's insurance company can be difficult to obtain. Having one of our knowledgeable attorneys by your side can dramatically speed up the process and put the money you deserve into your hands.
- Social Security Disability & Social Security Supplemental Income – The Social Security Administration offers two programs that pay monthly cash benefits to those unable to work due to illness, injury or a worsening health condition:
- Social Security Disability (SSD): Bases its payments of benefits on your earnings over the past 10 years
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Pays benefits to disabled adults and children who do not have sufficient earnings to qualify for SSD Our disability lawyers help determine which program is right for you under the circumstances. We work with you to ensure you have all the medical documentation required to establish your claim and present your case in the most advantageous manner for a positive outcome.
- Long-Term Disability – A long-term disability insurance policy helps to pay for lost wages whether you have suffered an illness or injury related to work or not. But much like workers' compensation, your insurance company may be in no rush to pay you the benefits you are entitled to as a policyholder. Our disability lawyers work with all parties to speed the process of payment so you can pay your bills and live as comfortably as possible.
Our New York Workman's Compensation and long-term disability lawyers fight for you
At Severance, Burko, Spalter, Masone & Laurette PC we help clients understand their options by explaining the various types of injuries covered and the many definitions of "disabled." It is important to recognize that state workers' compensation could determine that someone is not disabled while the Social Security Administration could say that the individual is disabled and insurance companies could weigh-in on either side. Our New York workers' compensation and Social Security Disability attorneys are fully aware of all the variables at play. We explain the terminology and qualification differences in easy-to-understand English or Spanish and assist with the filing of claims. We are well-versed in the stipulations made by the New York Workers' Compensation Board and work with all parties to get you the benefits you deserve as an injured employee.
Contact our Workers' Compensation and disability attorneys for winning legal solutions
Our lawyers work diligently to help you receive monies owed to you for work-related injuries and disabilities. Our goal is to get you the compensation you need to cover your short-term and long-term medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. Our services are offered on a contingency fee basis, so you don't pay anything unless we recover for you. Come see us at our Brooklyn or Staten Island offices and we will help you recover the compensation owed to you.